ISRAEL: Israeli meat consumption soars
Fresh meat consumption in Israel in 2000 will amount to 45,000 metric tonnes, an increase of 30% on 1999. Data supplied by the Israel Meat Production Board shows that sales of frozen meat in 2000 will also reach 45,000 metric tonnes, thus for the first time since the creation of Israel in 1948, consumption of fresh and frozen meat is equal in quantity.Deputy Director of the Board Ziv Matalon explained that the increase in fresh meat consumption in Israel is a result of the liberalisation policy which enables free import of calves for fattening; raising the quality standards of fresh meats, and employing aggressive marketing strategies. The Board's official predicted that consumption of fresh meat in Israel will increase steadily in the near future.In 1999, Israel imported 50,000 tonnes of frozen meat, mainly from Argentina. The import forecast for this year is 45,000 tonnes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review