USA: Issues between union and supermarkets 'remain difficult', says mediator
The director of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, Peter Hurtgen, who is mediating negotiations aimed at ending the Southern California grocery workers labour dispute, has said that the issues between representatives of the United Food and Commercial Workers union and the supermarket chains "remain difficult".
Hurtgen recessed the recent round of negotiations and said he will maintain frequent contact with the parties during the recess period and will request that negotiations resume "when it is appropriate".
"We've reached a point where I believe a recess will help the process. I will ask the parties to return to the table when I determine that it might be fruitful to resume face-to-face discussions," Hurtgen said.
US supermarket chain Albertsons has reported a slight rise in net earnings for the second quarter to 4 August and said it was still "aggressively" running the company despite last week's announcement ...
Grocery retailer Albertsons has announced that its board of directors is exploring strategic alternatives to increase shareholder value, including a possible sale of the company....
UK grocery retailer Wm Morrison Supermarkets has announced that it has agreed to sell nine Safeway stores to rival Sainsbury's....
US grocery retailer Kroger has announced that it has entered into a multi-year agreement with InStore Broadcasting Network (IBN) to provide a television network for customers in more than 2,500 Kroger...
Supermarket chain Safeway has reported net income of $134.0m for the second quarter ended 18 June 2005 compared to $155.2m for the second quarter of the previous year....
Supermarket company Kroger has today reported net earnings of $294.3m for the first quarter ended 21 May 2005. Net earnings in the year-ago period were $262.8m....
Supermarket chain Safeway has reported net income of $131.3mfor the first quarter ended 26 March 2005 compared to $43.1m for the first quarter of 2004....
US natural and organic foods retailer Wild Oats Markets has announced that Robert Dimond has been named senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective 28 April....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report