ITALY: Italian consumers still not convinced by GM
Italian consumers are still not convinced about GM foodstuffs, but are open to the use of the technology in medicine, according to a survey presented today [Thursday] by the Milan-based Giannino Bassetti Foundation. Italy is currently the largest producer of organic foods in Europe, and the Italian public seems notably less keen to embrace biotechnology than some of its continental neighbours.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat