ITALY: Italian consumers still not convinced by GM
Italian consumers are still not convinced about GM foodstuffs, but are open to the use of the technology in medicine, according to a survey presented today [Thursday] by the Milan-based Giannino Bassetti Foundation. Italy is currently the largest producer of organic foods in Europe, and the Italian public seems notably less keen to embrace biotechnology than some of its continental neighbours.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods