UK: Italian food more popular than curry for over 50s
British consumers over the age of 50 are experimenting with more foreign food, and Italian has also usurped Indian in the "most frequently eaten" stakes. According to a survey conducted by NOP Consumer for Saga Holidays, of 1,000 UK respondents aged 50 and over, over 50% of people over 50 eat Chinese food on a regular basis, making it the most eaten foreign food for this age group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action