UK: Italian food more popular than curry for over 50s
British consumers over the age of 50 are experimenting with more foreign food, and Italian has also usurped Indian in the "most frequently eaten" stakes. According to a survey conducted by NOP Consumer for Saga Holidays, of 1,000 UK respondents aged 50 and over, over 50% of people over 50 eat Chinese food on a regular basis, making it the most eaten foreign food for this age group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill