JAPAN: Italian MBM checked out for clue to BSE origins
Japan's Agriculture Ministry has launched an investigation into meat-and-bone meal (MBM) imported into the country from Italy before June 1998 in a bid to discover whether the meat is responsible for introducing BSE into Japan. The move came after the Italian government admitted late last week that its MBM exports to Japan before that date were not heat-treated to Japan's requirements of three bars of pressure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'