JAPAN: Italian MBM checked out for clue to BSE origins
Japan's Agriculture Ministry has launched an investigation into meat-and-bone meal (MBM) imported into the country from Italy before June 1998 in a bid to discover whether the meat is responsible for introducing BSE into Japan. The move came after the Italian government admitted late last week that its MBM exports to Japan before that date were not heat-treated to Japan's requirements of three bars of pressure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods