JAPAN: Italian MBM checked out for clue to BSE origins
Japan's Agriculture Ministry has launched an investigation into meat-and-bone meal (MBM) imported into the country from Italy before June 1998 in a bid to discover whether the meat is responsible for introducing BSE into Japan. The move came after the Italian government admitted late last week that its MBM exports to Japan before that date were not heat-treated to Japan's requirements of three bars of pressure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group