JAPAN: Italian MBM checked out for clue to BSE origins
Japan's Agriculture Ministry has launched an investigation into meat-and-bone meal (MBM) imported into the country from Italy before June 1998 in a bid to discover whether the meat is responsible for introducing BSE into Japan. The move came after the Italian government admitted late last week that its MBM exports to Japan before that date were not heat-treated to Japan's requirements of three bars of pressure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill