JAPAN: Italian MBM checked out for clue to BSE origins
Japan's Agriculture Ministry has launched an investigation into meat-and-bone meal (MBM) imported into the country from Italy before June 1998 in a bid to discover whether the meat is responsible for introducing BSE into Japan. The move came after the Italian government admitted late last week that its MBM exports to Japan before that date were not heat-treated to Japan's requirements of three bars of pressure.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales