ITALY/FRANCE: Italy bans beef imports as French victim's family sues UK and France - just-food.com update
just-food.com heard this morning that Italy has banned French beef imports, and trucks are backed up at the border with no apparent prospect of entry. The ban applies solely to older French cows (18 months and over) and to French beef on the bone, but the impact is currently generalised. Trucks from all supplier countries, regardless of origin, are backed up at the border as rigorous checking procedures are put in place.Other countries are becoming increasingly concerned that the ban will put pressure on their own exports. In 1999 Italy imported 25,000 tons of beef from Denmark and 82,000t from France. Denmark sends 25 trucks to Italy every week to deliver about 500 tons of meat.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review