JAPAN: Ito-Yokado looks to boost online sales
Japanese supermarket group Ito-Yokado Co. has said that it plans to boost online sales by 50% before the start of 2010.
Ito Yokado, which is owned by Seven & I Holdings, said the online ordering and delivery format had recently proved popular with its price-sensitive customers and that services are up 60% from last year.
The chain generated online sales of JPY13bn (US$133.5m) last year. It intends to double this figure by extending the number of stores offering the service to 130 by the end of next March.
The company aims to nearly double its membership base to 600,000 from 330,000.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO