JAPAN: Ito-Yokado reveals plans for further expansion into China market
Ito-Yokado Co revealed today that intends to open more stores in China, prompted by the success of its existing outlets in Chengdu and Beijing, opened in 1997 and 1998 respectively. The Japanese store operator explained its plans for a five-storey supermarket in northern Beijing, which it expects to open in September. A similar building is earmarked for spring 2003. Additional smaller sites are also being considered in Beijing and a company official commented that while Chengdu was being considered no further details concerning floor size or storeys had been considered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival