JAPAN: Ito-Yokado reveals plans for further expansion into China market
Ito-Yokado Co revealed today that intends to open more stores in China, prompted by the success of its existing outlets in Chengdu and Beijing, opened in 1997 and 1998 respectively. The Japanese store operator explained its plans for a five-storey supermarket in northern Beijing, which it expects to open in September. A similar building is earmarked for spring 2003. Additional smaller sites are also being considered in Beijing and a company official commented that while Chengdu was being considered no further details concerning floor size or storeys had been considered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods