JAPAN: Ito-Yokado reveals plans for further expansion into China market
Ito-Yokado Co revealed today that intends to open more stores in China, prompted by the success of its existing outlets in Chengdu and Beijing, opened in 1997 and 1998 respectively. The Japanese store operator explained its plans for a five-storey supermarket in northern Beijing, which it expects to open in September. A similar building is earmarked for spring 2003. Additional smaller sites are also being considered in Beijing and a company official commented that while Chengdu was being considered no further details concerning floor size or storeys had been considered.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch