JAPAN: Itochu agrees to invest up to ¥3bn in new Snow Brand shares
Trading house Itochu Corp has agreed to buy up to ¥2bn (US$15m) worth of new shares in beleaguered dairy product maker Snow Brand Milk Products. It has not yet been decided at what price Itochu will buy the shares. The move is part of Snow Brand's turnaround plan, which includes borrowing ¥50bn from creditor banks and huge redundancies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth