JAPAN: Itochu agrees to invest up to ¥3bn in new Snow Brand shares
Trading house Itochu Corp has agreed to buy up to ¥2bn (US$15m) worth of new shares in beleaguered dairy product maker Snow Brand Milk Products. It has not yet been decided at what price Itochu will buy the shares. The move is part of Snow Brand's turnaround plan, which includes borrowing ¥50bn from creditor banks and huge redundancies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant