JAPAN: Itochu agrees to invest up to ¥3bn in new Snow Brand shares
Trading house Itochu Corp has agreed to buy up to ¥2bn (US$15m) worth of new shares in beleaguered dairy product maker Snow Brand Milk Products. It has not yet been decided at what price Itochu will buy the shares. The move is part of Snow Brand's turnaround plan, which includes borrowing ¥50bn from creditor banks and huge redundancies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review