JAPAN: Itochu to take 20% stake in Compass Japan - papers
Japan's Itochu Corp is to buy a 20% stake in the Japanese division of UK foodservice firm Compass. Itochu is reported by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun to be paying ¥2.5bn (US$20.8m) for the stake in Compass's Japanese subsidiary, Compass Group Holding Japan. The fastfood and foodservice markets are growing rapidly in Japan, where Compass set up shop last year in a joint venture with Itochu and Fuji Oil, a manufacturer of edible oils.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail