JAPAN: Itochu withdraws from merger talks with Snow Brand
Japanese dairy products group Snow Brand Milk Products has been hit by the news that compatriot trading house Itochu has decided to halt negotiations to merge their respective frozen food businesses. The talks has already suffered one setback, when Itochu put the merger plans on ice in February to give Snow Brand time to recover from a scandal involving fraudulent mislabelling of beef.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife