JAPAN: Itochu withdraws from merger talks with Snow Brand
Japanese dairy products group Snow Brand Milk Products has been hit by the news that compatriot trading house Itochu has decided to halt negotiations to merge their respective frozen food businesses. The talks has already suffered one setback, when Itochu put the merger plans on ice in February to give Snow Brand time to recover from a scandal involving fraudulent mislabelling of beef.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch