UK: It's All Good eyes expansion after PE investment
It's All Good has won listings with UK indie retailers for Manamosa
UK snack maker It's All Good is looking to build its business with the country's major grocers after securing investment from NVM Private Equity.
NVM has acquired a 31% stake in It's All Good after investing GBP3.5m in the firm, set up by a management team including former Intersnack executive Calum Ryder.
Based in the north east of England, It's All Good manufactures private-label tortilla chips for UK retailers and has a contract to supply its "pitta chip" to Marks and Spencer to be sold under the upmarket grocer's own label.
It's All Good has also won listings with 350 "high-end independent retailers" for "premium" tortilla chip brand Manomasa.
Marketing manager Charlotte Simpson told just-food the investment from NVM would help it expand It's All Good's work with the UK's major grocers.
"That was definitely part of the reason for the funding. The business has grown considerably and to grow further and push into multiples we need to enhance our manufacturing capacity," Simpson said.
It's All Good has a 30,000 sq ft facility at its base in Gateshead. The company said it looks to "differentiate its products by using authentic quality ingredients, niche product formats and novel shape options".
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017