USA: IUF/Colsiba And Chiquita Brands International Sign Historic Agreement On Trade Union Rights For Banana Workers
A historic agreement on "Freedom of Association, Minimum Labour Standards and Employment In Latin American Banana Operations" was signed today at the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Geneva, Switzerland. The agreement was signed by IUF General Secretary Ron Oswald, German Zepeda, coordinator of the Latin American Coordinating Committee of Banana Workers' Unions (COLSIBA), and President and Chief Operating Officer Steven G Warshaw of Chiquita Brands International. The signing was witnessed by ILO Director General Juan Somavia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed