USA: IUF/Colsiba And Chiquita Brands International Sign Historic Agreement On Trade Union Rights For Banana Workers
A historic agreement on "Freedom of Association, Minimum Labour Standards and Employment In Latin American Banana Operations" was signed today at the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Geneva, Switzerland. The agreement was signed by IUF General Secretary Ron Oswald, German Zepeda, coordinator of the Latin American Coordinating Committee of Banana Workers' Unions (COLSIBA), and President and Chief Operating Officer Steven G Warshaw of Chiquita Brands International. The signing was witnessed by ILO Director General Juan Somavia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea