UPDATE: NETHERLANDS: Izico sale part of our focus on health, Wessanen says
Royal Wessanen is pushing its presence in the health food sector
Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for the Dutch food group said Izico, which sells snacks under the Beckers and Bicky brands, as well as private label, was "non-core."
Wessanen, the company behind brands including Kallø rice cakes and Whole Earth peanut butter, is focusing on "healthy and sustainable food" - areas where it felt it had "strong positions," the spokesperson said.
"Some of our brands such as Bjorg, Zonnatura and Tartex have a long history in their local market," he added.
Bjorg is the leading organic French brand nearing EUR100m (US$136m) in size.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered