USA: J & J Snack Foods Corp. acquires uptown bakeries
Uptown Bakeries, located in Bridgeport, NJ, is a fresh bakery manufacturer with approximately $17 million in annual sales. Wawa Food Markets, a chain of 512 stores headquartered in Wawa, Pennsylvania, is presently Uptown's primary customer under a long term contract.
Uptown is the exclusive provider of Wawa branded fresh bakery products such as muffins, bagels, donuts, fancies and soft pretzels for Wawa's in-store bakery operation.
J & J said that it expects Uptown to add to its net earnings for its fiscal year which ends in September 2001.
Gerald B. Shreiber, J & J's President and Chief Executive Officer, commented; "We are pleased to add these exciting array of specialty bakery products to our product line and look forward to growing this category with Wawa Food Markets."
J & J Snack Foods Corp.'s principal products include SUPERPRETZEL soft pretzels, ICEE and ARCTIC BLAST frozen beverages, LUIGI'S, MAMA TISH'S, SHAPE-UPS, Minute Maid®(1) and Hi-C®(1) frozen juice bars and ices, TIO PEPE'S churros and MRS. GOODCOOKIE and CAMDEN CREEK cookies.
J & J has manufacturing facilities in Pennsauken, New Jersey; Scranton and Hatfield, Pennsylvania; Carrollton, Texas and Vernon (Los Angeles), California.
The forward-looking statements contained herein are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which reflect management's analysis only as of the date hereof.
The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise or update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that arise after the date hereof.
(1) Minute Maid and Hi-C are registered trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company.
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK