USA: J M Smucker appoints new controller
US food company J M Smucker has announced that John Denman, currently its assistant controller, has been elected to the position of vice president and controller.
Denman has been with the company since 1979 and has held a variety of key financial management positions within the company. Prior to being assistant controller, Denman held the position of vice president and chief financial officer at Smucker Foods of Canada, the company's Canadian subsidiary.
Denman assumes the responsibilities from Richard Jirsa, who previously announced his decision to retire at the end of 2005. Jirsa, who has been with the company for 30 years, will continue to serve as a vice president of the company in accounting until his retirement this December.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action