UK: J Sainsbury plc trading update for the 12 weeks ended 31 March 2001
Sainsbury's Supermarkets sales up 6.9%, with like-for-like sales growth of 4.8% (excluding petrol). Shaw's sales up 3.2%, with like for like sales growth of 2.5%. Preliminary agreement reached to sell Group's interests in Egypt, resulting in an exceptional loss of between £100 and £125 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery