USA: Jac Pac Foods Voluntarily Recalls Ground Meat
Jac Pac Foods announced today that it has commenced a voluntary recall of approximately 210,000 pounds of ground meat produced on June 9, 2000 at its Manchester, NH plant. A product sample analyzed in distribution by the USDA was found to contain E. coli O157:H7. It should be stressed there is no danger to consumers as long as this, or any other ground beef product, is properly handled and cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Only 15,760 pounds are known to be affected by the bacteria. However, to ensure the safety of our consumers, Jac Pac is recalling the entire day's production of approximately 210,000 pounds. The Jac Pac ground products being recalled were sold to retail and foodservice outlets. Foodservice products were sold in 10 and 36 pound boxes with a pack date of 0161 or expiration Oct. 09 00. The retail products were one-pound packages of fresh four-to-the-pound ground beef patties and one-pound bulk ground beef packages sold through Stop & Shop, Trader Joe's and Shoplink.com. Affected product carries manufacturing date codes, as follows:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image