UK/US: Jack Link's snaps up Unilever meat snacks arm
Peperami to join Jack Link's stable
Unilever this morning (21 February) announced a deal to sell its meat snacks division, including the Peperami brand to beef jerky business Jack Link's.
The future of Unilever's meat snacks unit, which also owns the Bifi brand, had been the subject of speculation since last summer.
Ireland-based food manufacturer Kerry Group, which counts Mattessons meat snacks in its portfolio, had been touted a likely buyer of the assets. However, Jack Link's has emerged as the buyer for an undisclosed sum.
The transaction, subject to customary closing conditions, includes the manufacturing unit in Ansbach in Germany.
Peperami is sold in the UK and Ireland while Bifi has listings in Germany, the Benelux, Austria and Switzerland.
"Bifi and Peperami are two iconic local brands. As we continue to sharpen our portfolio to deliver sustainable growth for Unilever, we believe that the potential of these two brands can now be more fully realised with Jack Link’s," Jan Zijderveld, president of Unilever's European operations, said.
Kerry’s Ingredients & Flavours division is a significant force in many different areas of the global ingredients market, which means that it is ideally placed to deliver complete solutions for its cus...
Elais Unilever will continue to focus on responding to rising demand for products that offer value for money, aiming to tackle the threat of private label products. The company will therefore continue...
Unilever Foodsolutions relies on its established position and its experience and knowledge to serve its commercial clients operating in the Dutch consumer foodservice industry. Constant innovation in ...
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets