UK/US: Jack Link's snaps up Unilever meat snacks arm
Peperami to join Jack Link's stable
Unilever this morning (21 February) announced a deal to sell its meat snacks division, including the Peperami brand to beef jerky business Jack Link's.
The future of Unilever's meat snacks unit, which also owns the Bifi brand, had been the subject of speculation since last summer.
Ireland-based food manufacturer Kerry Group, which counts Mattessons meat snacks in its portfolio, had been touted a likely buyer of the assets. However, Jack Link's has emerged as the buyer for an undisclosed sum.
The transaction, subject to customary closing conditions, includes the manufacturing unit in Ansbach in Germany.
Peperami is sold in the UK and Ireland while Bifi has listings in Germany, the Benelux, Austria and Switzerland.
"Bifi and Peperami are two iconic local brands. As we continue to sharpen our portfolio to deliver sustainable growth for Unilever, we believe that the potential of these two brands can now be more fully realised with Jack Link’s," Jan Zijderveld, president of Unilever's European operations, said.
Kerry’s Ingredients & Flavours division is a significant force in many different areas of the global ingredients market, which means that it is ideally placed to deliver complete solutions for its cus...
Elais Unilever will continue to focus on responding to rising demand for products that offer value for money, aiming to tackle the threat of private label products. The company will therefore continue...
Unilever Foodsolutions relies on its established position and its experience and knowledge to serve its commercial clients operating in the Dutch consumer foodservice industry. Constant innovation in ...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights