UK: Jacob's launches new luxury sweet biscuit assortment
UK biscuit brand Jacob's, which was recently acquired by United Biscuits, has announced the launch of a new Temptations luxury sweet biscuits assortment.
Positioned as contemporary and indulgent, Temptations consists of a selection of thick chocolate-coated biscuits in different varieties, including oatmeal and shortcake, all covered in premium milk, white or dark chocolate.
Temptations will launch in the run-up to Christmas and will be positioned as a gift or as a treat for formal sharing. The brand is targeted primarily at women aged 25 to 44 who are looking for quality, indulgence and variety.
"The launch of Temptations is a new direction for Jacob's, as it extends our sweet biscuits portfolio to include an indulgent, luxurious assortment. With premium products representing significant a growth opportunity for biscuits, we have created a sophisticated brand to meet this demand," said Jacob's sweet biscuits brand manager Sophie Hobbs.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Unilever sets packaging target