JAPAN: Japan mulls creation of new food safety agency
Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) is said to be mulling setting up a few food safety agency by merging the divisions of the farm and health ministries which are currently attempting to combat mad cow disease. The move comes in response to a factfinding mission to Europe last month, during the course of which ministers learned that several EU governments have responded to the string of food safety crises of latter years by reorganising their ministries and agencies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea