JAPAN: Japan mulls creation of new food safety agency
Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) is said to be mulling setting up a few food safety agency by merging the divisions of the farm and health ministries which are currently attempting to combat mad cow disease. The move comes in response to a factfinding mission to Europe last month, during the course of which ministers learned that several EU governments have responded to the string of food safety crises of latter years by reorganising their ministries and agencies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance