JAPAN: Japan mulls creation of new food safety agency
Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) is said to be mulling setting up a few food safety agency by merging the divisions of the farm and health ministries which are currently attempting to combat mad cow disease. The move comes in response to a factfinding mission to Europe last month, during the course of which ministers learned that several EU governments have responded to the string of food safety crises of latter years by reorganising their ministries and agencies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO