JAPAN: Japan urged to ban whale meat imports from Norway
Japanese consumer groups have called on the government to ban imports of minke whale meat from Norway on the grounds that the blubber could be contaminated The four citizens' groups referred to German research that indicates that polychlorinated biphenyl, or PCB, powerful insecticide DDT and other halogenated organic contaminants may accumulate in blubber of Norwegian minke whale meat beyond the upper permitted level for human consumption.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed