JAPAN: Japan urged to ban whale meat imports from Norway
Japanese consumer groups have called on the government to ban imports of minke whale meat from Norway on the grounds that the blubber could be contaminated The four citizens' groups referred to German research that indicates that polychlorinated biphenyl, or PCB, powerful insecticide DDT and other halogenated organic contaminants may accumulate in blubber of Norwegian minke whale meat beyond the upper permitted level for human consumption.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat