JAPAN: Japan urged to ban whale meat imports from Norway
Japanese consumer groups have called on the government to ban imports of minke whale meat from Norway on the grounds that the blubber could be contaminated The four citizens' groups referred to German research that indicates that polychlorinated biphenyl, or PCB, powerful insecticide DDT and other halogenated organic contaminants may accumulate in blubber of Norwegian minke whale meat beyond the upper permitted level for human consumption.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'