JAPAN: Japan urged to ban whale meat imports from Norway
Japanese consumer groups have called on the government to ban imports of minke whale meat from Norway on the grounds that the blubber could be contaminated The four citizens' groups referred to German research that indicates that polychlorinated biphenyl, or PCB, powerful insecticide DDT and other halogenated organic contaminants may accumulate in blubber of Norwegian minke whale meat beyond the upper permitted level for human consumption.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill