JAPAN: Japan urged to ban whale meat imports from Norway
Japanese consumer groups have called on the government to ban imports of minke whale meat from Norway on the grounds that the blubber could be contaminated The four citizens' groups referred to German research that indicates that polychlorinated biphenyl, or PCB, powerful insecticide DDT and other halogenated organic contaminants may accumulate in blubber of Norwegian minke whale meat beyond the upper permitted level for human consumption.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group