Japan's NH Foods cuts sales forecast
NH Foods lowered sales target
NH Foods, the Japan-based meat, dairy and seafood group, has trimmed its forecast for annual sales after posting lower first-quarter sales and earnings.
The company now sees its net sales for the year to the end of March reaching JPY1.25trn, down from an earlier forecast of JPY1.27trn.
NH Foods booked a 3.6% fall in sales to JPY294.57bn for the three months to the end of June. The company said sales from its processed meats division and affiliated business - which houses dairy and seafood - rose year-on-year. Sales in NH Foods' meat division were down.
The company saw sales from its international division drop over 15%, leading to an operating loss from the unit of JPY809m. A year earlier, the division made an operating profit of JPY2.61bn.
The group saw its net income slide 31.2% to JPY5.92bn. Operating income reached JPY9.47bn, versus JPY11.88bn a year ago.
NH Foods maintained its forecasts for annual operating income of JPY49bn and net income of JPY31bn.
In the 12 months to the end of March 2016, NH Foods generated net sales of JPY1.24trn (US$11.49bn), up 2.3% on the previous year.
NH Foods' net income dropped 29.9% to JPY21.78bn, with the group pointing to impairment charges. The company booked a 4.3% fall in operating income to JPY46.34bn.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report