CHINA/JAPAN: Japan's Prima Meat to construct factory in China
Japanese meat processor Prima Meat Packers is to build a factory in China that will make ham and sausages for export to the Japanese market. Prima Meat Packers has set up a joint venture in China with Japanese trading house Itochu and a local food company to operate the plant. Prima Meat said the Chinese factory, which is expected to produce 60-70 tonnes of ham and sausage per month, should keep personnel costs down.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units