CHINA/JAPAN: Japan's Prima Meat to construct factory in China
Japanese meat processor Prima Meat Packers is to build a factory in China that will make ham and sausages for export to the Japanese market. Prima Meat Packers has set up a joint venture in China with Japanese trading house Itochu and a local food company to operate the plant. Prima Meat said the Chinese factory, which is expected to produce 60-70 tonnes of ham and sausage per month, should keep personnel costs down.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed