BRAZIL: JBS appoints Hasson as Vigor CFO
JBS has appointed Mauricio Hasson as the chief financial officer of its Vigor Alimentos unit in preparation for the planned spin-off of the dairy business.
Hasson will report directly to Gilberto Xandó, CEO of Vigor.
For the last six years Maurício has worked at Rothschild, advising and monitoring important mergers and acquisitions, JBS said.
Vigor is in the process of going public and will be listed on the São Paulo Stock Exchange. Under the plan, current JBS shareholders will be given the option to swap their stock for shares in the newly listed Vigor.
Commenting on the appointment, JBS CEO Wesley Batista expressed his confidence in Vigor's management team.
"Vigor has a fully professionalised management, comprising a team of the highest level and a board of directors formed predominantly by independent and highly qualified members. I am certain that along with Xandó and other members of the team, Maurício will add value to the performance and growth of Vigor over the coming years," he said.
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Fonterra says rain needed to maintain milk supply
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- Yildiz Holding "draws bids for dairy arm Ak Gida"
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth