BRAZIL: JBS appoints Hasson as Vigor CFO
JBS has appointed Mauricio Hasson as the chief financial officer of its Vigor Alimentos unit in preparation for the planned spin-off of the dairy business.
Hasson will report directly to Gilberto Xandó, CEO of Vigor.
For the last six years Maurício has worked at Rothschild, advising and monitoring important mergers and acquisitions, JBS said.
Vigor is in the process of going public and will be listed on the São Paulo Stock Exchange. Under the plan, current JBS shareholders will be given the option to swap their stock for shares in the newly listed Vigor.
Commenting on the appointment, JBS CEO Wesley Batista expressed his confidence in Vigor's management team.
"Vigor has a fully professionalised management, comprising a team of the highest level and a board of directors formed predominantly by independent and highly qualified members. I am certain that along with Xandó and other members of the team, Maurício will add value to the performance and growth of Vigor over the coming years," he said.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered