BRAZIL: JBS makes US, Australia management appointments
Brazilian meat group JBS has made a number of senior management changes, including the appointment of a CEO for its Australia operations.
Forming part of the firm's ongoing "professionalisation process", JBS said it has appointed André Nogueira, the CFO of its US operations, as CEO Australia. He held his previous position for four and a half years.
As a result of the CEO role creation, two operating units have been created in Australia (South and North) and two operations directors have been appointed, both reporting to Andre.
Brent Eastwood, who has been with JBS for the past 20 years, has been appointed COO of the Northern unit, which includes plants in Queensland and New South Wales.
Sam McConnell, a long-time executive of the company, will be COO of the Southern unit, which includes plants in Victoria, King Island, South Australia and Tasmania.
"Andre's appointment as CEO and Sam and Brent as COOs will strengthen our management structure in Australia, providing a more focused management of our North and South operations, including the beef and lamb activities," said JBS global CEO Wesley Batista. "These three professionals are completely aligned with our culture and management style, always focused on detail in order to continuously improve the performance of our business."
In the US, JBS has named Denilson Molina as CFO. He joined the firm in 2011, having worked for around 18 years for the Banco do Brasil, occupying various leadership positions.
This is the second appointment announcement for JBS this week. Yesterday, the company revealed the appointment of Mauricio Hasson as CFO of its Vigor Alimentos unit.
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015