BRAZIL: JBS makes US, Australia management appointments
Brazilian meat group JBS has made a number of senior management changes, including the appointment of a CEO for its Australia operations.
Forming part of the firm's ongoing "professionalisation process", JBS said it has appointed André Nogueira, the CFO of its US operations, as CEO Australia. He held his previous position for four and a half years.
As a result of the CEO role creation, two operating units have been created in Australia (South and North) and two operations directors have been appointed, both reporting to Andre.
Brent Eastwood, who has been with JBS for the past 20 years, has been appointed COO of the Northern unit, which includes plants in Queensland and New South Wales.
Sam McConnell, a long-time executive of the company, will be COO of the Southern unit, which includes plants in Victoria, King Island, South Australia and Tasmania.
"Andre's appointment as CEO and Sam and Brent as COOs will strengthen our management structure in Australia, providing a more focused management of our North and South operations, including the beef and lamb activities," said JBS global CEO Wesley Batista. "These three professionals are completely aligned with our culture and management style, always focused on detail in order to continuously improve the performance of our business."
In the US, JBS has named Denilson Molina as CFO. He joined the firm in 2011, having worked for around 18 years for the Banco do Brasil, occupying various leadership positions.
This is the second appointment announcement for JBS this week. Yesterday, the company revealed the appointment of Mauricio Hasson as CFO of its Vigor Alimentos unit.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017