US: JBS "makes verbal offer for Sara Lee"
JBS made its offer on Monday evening, Reuters reported, citing two unnamed sources. Bloomberg reported that JBS had indicated that the offer would be around US$21 a share.
Private-equity firm Blackstone Group is reportedly involved in JBS' pursuit of Sara Lee, and in one scenario, Blackstone would acquire Sara Lee's beverage unit if the Brazilian meat company's bid succeeds.
A private-equity consortium led by Apollo Global Management with Bain Capital and TPG have also reportedly made a $20 a share bid for the manufacturer, while KKR has also been linked to a possible bid for Sara Lee.
US poultry group Pilgrim's Pride has appointed Brazilian Fabio Sandri as chief financial officer....
Two of Brazil's largest meat processors have said they will continue to export meat to Russia after Moscow banned meat imports from three Brazilian states....
US food maker Sara Lee today (3 June) opened a sliced meats plant in Kansas City. ...
JBS, the Brazilian meat giant, has reported mixed first-quarter results, with the company's net income and sales rising - but its EBITDA down on lower profits from its US chicken unit....
US food manufacturer Sara Lee has revealed plans to extend its Hillshire Farm range with the launch of two turkey sausage varieties....
This week has been marked by some high profile acquisition plays with ConAgra Foods making its desire to acquire Ralcorp Holdings known and DuPont making its final offer for Danisco. Meanwhile, the UK...
Sara Lee, the US food maker looking to split into two separate companies, said today (5 May) it was looking to buy "premium" meats firm Aidells Sausage Co. - but admitted it was mulling its options ...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund