BRAZIL: JBS Q1 profit drops on financing costs
- Operating earnings drop 30% on financing costs
- Sales rise one-third to BRL26.41bn (U$11.98bn)
- Deleveraging balance sheet
JBS sales up, profits down
Brazilian meat giant JBS has reported lower first-quarter profits as a jump in financing costs more than offset sales gains.
The company said operating income sank 30% year on year, dropping to BRL259.7m (US$117.6m) in the three months.
Net financing expenses soared by 1011.5% from the comparable year-ago period. The company raised its debt burden in order to complete various acquisitions, including the local Seara Brasil poultry business from Marfrig last September.
However, JBS emphasised it is reducing its debt levels. The company's debt-to-EBITDA ratio stood at 3.26x in the quarter, compared to 3.70x in the fourth quarter of last year.
Sales in the period were also up - rising 35.3% to BRL26.41bn. The company saw broad-based revenue growth across all business units, with the exception of poultry in the US where sales remained "stable".
Click here to view the release.
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in Indonesia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also ...
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- Mead Johnson offsets China slowdown
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report