BRAZIL: JBS silent over poultry unit IPO report
JBS has refused to comment on speculation it is looking to raise funds through an IPO of its poultry and processed foods division.
Brazilian meat firm JBS has refused to comment on "press speculation" it plans to raise BRL3bn (US$1.36bn) through an initial public offering of its poultry and processed foods division.
According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, "the firm plans to use the proceeds to pay down debt and make investments".
The news was first reported on the website of local publication Exame which suggested five investment banks including Banco Itaú BBA, Banco Santander, BTG Pactual and JP Morgan have been appointed to manage the IPO.
Speaking to just-food today (14 April), a spokesperson for JBS said it had "not issued any statement regarding an IPO". The spokesperson added: "The press is speculating and the company is not going to comment on speculation in the press."
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
JBS SA (JBSS3) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData t...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in Indonesia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also ...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz