BRAZIL: JBS silent over poultry unit IPO report
JBS has refused to comment on speculation it is looking to raise funds through an IPO of its poultry and processed foods division.
Brazilian meat firm JBS has refused to comment on "press speculation" it plans to raise BRL3bn (US$1.36bn) through an initial public offering of its poultry and processed foods division.
According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, "the firm plans to use the proceeds to pay down debt and make investments".
The news was first reported on the website of local publication Exame which suggested five investment banks including Banco Itaú BBA, Banco Santander, BTG Pactual and JP Morgan have been appointed to manage the IPO.
Speaking to just-food today (14 April), a spokesperson for JBS said it had "not issued any statement regarding an IPO". The spokesperson added: "The press is speculating and the company is not going to comment on speculation in the press."
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
"The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Italy to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company researc...
"The Future of the Dairy Food Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company researc...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis