US: JBS Worthington staff ratify new contract
JBS has agreed a new contract at its Worthington plant after workers threatened to strike
Following a strike last month over pay disputes and worker conditions at the JBS Worthington Minnesota plant, the union has announced workers have ratified a new contract.
United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1161 said the five-year contract would see more than US$23m "pumped into the local economy" with a 12.8% increase in pay over the life of the agreement, maintaining of affordable health care costs and the establishment of a low-cost health care clinic in Worthington.
Workers had call the strike after the Brazil-based meat giant "made no offer of any wage increases, and has repeatedly proposed a health care plan that could drastically increase out-of-pocket costs for workers, while reducing coverage," said the union.
The JBS Worthington plant employs more than 1800 people.
In 2014, frozen processed food recorded a current growth rate of 14% in value terms, reaching R$6.2 billion in 2014. Despite of the leadership that Brf Brasil Food has in this category, the competitio...
Canned food products refer to processed food items that are available in airtight suitable metal cans with added preservatives. Short cooking time, long shelf life, and easy storage are some of the fa...
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights