US: JBS Worthington staff ratify new contract
JBS has agreed a new contract at its Worthington plant after workers threatened to strike
Following a strike last month over pay disputes and worker conditions at the JBS Worthington Minnesota plant, the union has announced workers have ratified a new contract.
United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1161 said the five-year contract would see more than US$23m "pumped into the local economy" with a 12.8% increase in pay over the life of the agreement, maintaining of affordable health care costs and the establishment of a low-cost health care clinic in Worthington.
Workers had call the strike after the Brazil-based meat giant "made no offer of any wage increases, and has repeatedly proposed a health care plan that could drastically increase out-of-pocket costs for workers, while reducing coverage," said the union.
The JBS Worthington plant employs more than 1800 people.
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in Indonesia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also ...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Cream category in United Arab Emirates, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensabl...
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- Focus: Can BRF deliver aggressive growth?
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Danone, General Mills, Chobani "mislead parents"
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Dutch confirm second bird flu outbreak
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Dairy Product Production in China
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report