US: JBS Worthington staff ratify new contract
JBS has agreed a new contract at its Worthington plant after workers threatened to strike
Following a strike last month over pay disputes and worker conditions at the JBS Worthington Minnesota plant, the union has announced workers have ratified a new contract.
United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1161 said the five-year contract would see more than US$23m "pumped into the local economy" with a 12.8% increase in pay over the life of the agreement, maintaining of affordable health care costs and the establishment of a low-cost health care clinic in Worthington.
Workers had call the strike after the Brazil-based meat giant "made no offer of any wage increases, and has repeatedly proposed a health care plan that could drastically increase out-of-pocket costs for workers, while reducing coverage," said the union.
The JBS Worthington plant employs more than 1800 people.
Synopsis Canadean's "JBS SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Arla Foods has acquired a stake in Brazilian dairy company Vigor Alimentos. ...
JBS SA (JBSS3) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData t...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Chilled Raw Packaged Meat - Processed category in Indonesia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also ...
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy