FRANCE: Jean Caby cools claims of plants sale
According to an MP, two Jean Caby plants have been sold in France
Loss-making French cooked meats firm Jean Caby has moved to cool claims it has found a buyer for its two production plants in Brittany.
Gwenegan Bui, a local French MP, said the plants in Lampaul-Guimiliau and Ergué-Gabéric had been sold to French food holdings group, Financière Turenne Lafayette. FTL already has cooked meats brands Paul Prédault and Madrange in its portfolio.
Jean Caby's plant, near Lille, which makes cocktail sausages and other snack foods, is not part of the deal.
However, the manager of Jean Caby's plant in Lampaul-Guimiliau, Philippe Beuve, expressed "surprise" at the MP's comments.
"This is all a little premature," Beuve told just-food. "What is true is that we are planning a re-organisation of Jean Caby's structure with a number of options under consideration. But nothing has been finalised at this stage. We began consultations with the works council last week and these are continuing today."
The two plants employ 700 staff. FTL declined to comment.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during June 2014. S...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during June 2014. Summary Usi...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015