FRANCE: Jean Caby cools claims of plants sale
According to an MP, two Jean Caby plants have been sold in France
Loss-making French cooked meats firm Jean Caby has moved to cool claims it has found a buyer for its two production plants in Brittany.
Gwenegan Bui, a local French MP, said the plants in Lampaul-Guimiliau and Ergué-Gabéric had been sold to French food holdings group, Financière Turenne Lafayette. FTL already has cooked meats brands Paul Prédault and Madrange in its portfolio.
Jean Caby's plant, near Lille, which makes cocktail sausages and other snack foods, is not part of the deal.
However, the manager of Jean Caby's plant in Lampaul-Guimiliau, Philippe Beuve, expressed "surprise" at the MP's comments.
"This is all a little premature," Beuve told just-food. "What is true is that we are planning a re-organisation of Jean Caby's structure with a number of options under consideration. But nothing has been finalised at this stage. We began consultations with the works council last week and these are continuing today."
The two plants employ 700 staff. FTL declined to comment.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global prepared meals market during June 2014. S...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during June 2014. Summary Usi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Campofrio Food Group, S.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The p...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report