POLAND: Jeronimo Martins eyes Marcpol store deal
Jeronimo Martins has made a move to buy a batch of stores from Polish grocer Marcpol.
The Portugal-based retailer, which generates the majority of sales in Poland, has made an application to the country's competition watchdog to buy 11 outlets.
A spoksperson for Jeronimo Martins told just-food the proposed deal was part of Biedronka's "expansion programme". Biedronka is Jeronimo Martins flagship chain in Poland.
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition