POLAND: Jeronimo Martins eyes Marcpol store deal
Jeronimo Martins has made a move to buy a batch of stores from Polish grocer Marcpol.
The Portugal-based retailer, which generates the majority of sales in Poland, has made an application to the country's competition watchdog to buy 11 outlets.
A spoksperson for Jeronimo Martins told just-food the proposed deal was part of Biedronka's "expansion programme". Biedronka is Jeronimo Martins flagship chain in Poland.
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights