COLOMBIA: Jeronimo Martins opens Ara c-store chain
Portugal-based retailer Jeronimo Martins has opened its first store in Colombia.
The company launched its chain, operating under the Ara banner, in the city of Pereira yesterday (13 March). Four more stores will be open by the end of today.
Colombia is Jeronimo Martins' third market. It also operates in Poland, where it generates the majority of its sales and profits.
The retailer said the Ara outlets are convenience stores, with an average sales area of between 300 and 600 square metres.
It plans to spend EUR100m (US$129.7m) opening around 40 Ara stores this year. Jeronimo Martins has set a target of having 150 outlets in Colombia by the end of 2015. Its aim is to become one of the three largest retailers in the South American country.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- UPDATE: Hershey rejects Mondelez takeover
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- ForeSights: Edible Cutlery; Cutlery made out of food-grade materials instead of plastic
- Fast Food in India