PORTUGAL: Jeronimo Martins posts profit for Q1
Portuguese retailer Jeronimo Martins has posted first-quarter net profit of €1.3m (US$1.4m), the first time the company has reported a profit since the first half of 2000. Analysts polled by Reuters had forecast net results between a loss of €3.9m and a profit of €2.3m. For the first quarter of last year, the retailer reported a loss of €27.5m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch