PORTUGAL: Jeronimo Martins to complete Polish sale within three weeks
Portuguese supermarket giant Jeronimo Martins is due to finalise the sale of its five Jumbo supermarkets in Poland within the next three weeks.
According to local newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza, the sale of the outlets to French retailer E. Leclerc is in a bid to improve the chain's financial situation and reduce its rapidly growing debt.
Alexandre Soares, chairman of Jeronimo Martins, told the paper that he has not ruled out the possibility of selling more of the company's property in Poland.
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Post Holdings 'secures Weetabix' in US$1.76bn deal