PORTUGAL: Jeronimo Martins to shut down online retail service
Portuguese retailer Jeronimo Martins is reported to be planning to shut its Pingo Doce online grocery store, effective 1 July, because of weaker-than-expected growth of the online retail market. Pingo Doce online was launched in 1998 and by September 2000 it had around 36,000 registered users, reported Diario Economico. The company had aimed for revenue of €5m (US$5.8m) from the online retailer for 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses