PORTUGAL: Jeronimo Martins to shut down online retail service
Portuguese retailer Jeronimo Martins is reported to be planning to shut its Pingo Doce online grocery store, effective 1 July, because of weaker-than-expected growth of the online retail market. Pingo Doce online was launched in 1998 and by September 2000 it had around 36,000 registered users, reported Diario Economico. The company had aimed for revenue of €5m (US$5.8m) from the online retailer for 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin