USA: Jimmy Dean Foods recalls sausage product
Newbern, Tennessee-based Jimmy Dean Foods Inc has revealed that it is voluntarily recalling about 3,600 pounds of frozen pork sausage products distributed to food service outlets in North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, South Carolina, New York, Georgia and Minnesota.
The sausages contain undeclared monosodium glutamate (MSG) and some people who have eaten foods containing MSG have reported adverse reactions.
Produced on 13, 20, 28 December and 12 January, the products are 12-pound bulk cases of Jimmy Dean Maple Flavored Pork Sausage Links. The cases carry the production code "3139-1," "3209-1," "3289-1" or "1120-2," along with the establishment code "EST.8080" inside the USDA seal of inspection.
Companies: Dean Foods
As organic food continues to move into the mainstream, a wealth of companies, from the family-run to the multinational, are taking advantage of this popularity, with new products and line extensions. ...
US dairy products company Dean Foods has announced that Joseph Scalzo has begun his term as president and chief executive officer of the company's WhiteWave Foods division....
US dairy products company Dean Foods has announced that, effective 1 January 2006, Alan Bernon will assume the role of president of Dean Dairy Group....
California-based Ventura Foods has announced that it has completed its purchase of the Marie's dressings and Dean's dips businesses from Dean Foods....
US dairy firm Dean Foods has announced that Joseph Scalzo will join the company as president and chief executive officer of WhiteWave Foods....
Food processor Dean Foods has announced increased income for the second quarter ended 30 June 2005, helped by lower raw milk and butterfat costs and increased profitability at its WhiteWave Foods subs...
Kellogg company executive Dr. Michael McBurney has been named the head of the new department of nutrition and food science at Texas A&M University....
Edible oil product company Ventura Foods has entered into an agreement to purchase the Marie's dressings and Dean's dips businesses from Deans Foods Company....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities