USA: Jimmy Dean Foods recalls sausage product
Newbern, Tennessee-based Jimmy Dean Foods Inc has revealed that it is voluntarily recalling about 3,600 pounds of frozen pork sausage products distributed to food service outlets in North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, South Carolina, New York, Georgia and Minnesota. The sausages contain undeclared monosodium glutamate (MSG) and some people who have eaten foods containing MSG have reported adverse reactions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- PepsiCo H1 profits up, forecast raised
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- M&A-hungry dairy co-op Agropur in Davisco deal
- Australian dairy innovation "hub" targets Asia