J&J Snack Foods enters US frozen breakfast
Mary B's has launched frozen breakfast snacks
J&J Snack Foods has made its debut in the US frozen breakfast category with the launch of Mary B's Buttermilk Biscuit Melts.
The product comes in two variants: sausage, egg and cheese; and bacon, egg and cheese. The biscuits are made with whole eggs and real cheese and target those looking for an on-the-go solution.
"We are excited to enter into a new category in frozen retail and offer consumers a meal solution for their on-the-go needs," said Tony Hess, vice president/general manager for J&J's Hom/Ade Foods unit. "Mary B's is a leader in frozen biscuits, frozen breakfast is on the rise, and these melts seem to be the perfect fit."
Mary B's is part of the Hom/Ade Foods portfolio J&J acquired in 2007. It is known for its frozen dough products including dumplings and its Buttermilkbiscuits.
J&J said the move into frozen breakfast was a "natural progression...to expand beyond the frozen dough category and into one of the fastest growing categories in retail frozen food today".
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs