US: J&J Snack Foods Q1 profits rebound
- Q1 profits leap by 86% to US$10.2m
- Sales up by 11% to $191.4m
- Operating profits up by 78% to $15.1m
J&J books Q1 gains
J&J Snack Foods has reported another rise in first-quarter sales and a rebound in profits.
The US snack maker reported net sales up by 11% for the three months to the end of December, to US$191.4m, mirroring its pace of growth in the same period of the previous year.
The difference in the current year was first-quarter profits leapt by 86% to $10.2m, more than recovering ground lost in the first three months of the firm's previous fiscal year.
Operating profits rose to 78% to $15.1m, said the group.
J&J's president and CEO, Gerald Schreiber, said: "Our foodservice and frozen beverage businesses performed well and helped establish record sales and earnings for the quarter."
Pennsauken, NJ, January 28, 2013 - - J & J Snack Foods Corp. (NASDAQ-JJSF) today announced sales and earnings for the first quarter ended December 29, 2012.
Sales increased 11% to $191.4 million from $172.7 million in last year’s first quarter. Net earnings increased 86% to $10.2 million in the current quarter from $5.5 million last year. Earnings per diluted share increased 86% to $.54 for the first quarter from $.29 last year. Operating income increased 78% to $15.1 million in the current quarter from $8.5 million in the year ago quarter.
Gerald B. Shreiber, J & J’s President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Our foodservice and frozen beverage businesses performed well and helped establish record sales and earnings for the quarter.”
Original source: http://www.jjsnack.com/jjdocumentbank/pdf/PR1QT13_1-28-13.pdf
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019