USA: John B Sanfilippo posts rise in Q4 earnings, sales
US snack maker John B Sanfilippo & Son has reported a rise in fourth-quarter earnings, helped by stronger sales and cost cuts.
The company reported net income of US$3.5m for the fourth quarter to 26 June, compared to $1.6m a year earlier.
Sales for the quarter rose to $96.9m, compared to $78.6m in the year-ago period, helped by new customers and increased sales to existing customers.
The company said it expects its strong sales and earnings growth to continue in the next quarter, with a return to previous levels of growth for the rest of the year, reported Dow Jones News Service.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report