GERMANY: John West launches Pole and Line catch tuna range
- John West to launch Pole and Line caught tuna in Germany
John West said it will enter the German market exclusively with the Pole and Line caught tuna
Seafood firm John West has launched its Pole and Line caught tuna range in Germany.
John West said it will be the "only brand in the country" to provide "tuna sourced by this selective catch method at a standard price".
The launch coincides with the release of John West's 'Can Tracker' in Germany; an application which enables customers to trace the exact source of their fish, including the ocean and the boat that made the catch.
The Pole and Line range is 100% Skipjack Tuna and comprises three varieties in Germany: Steaks, Chunks and Salads supplied in 160g cans. They are available across all Edeka stores.
Both the Pole and Line range and 'Can Tracker' application are already available in the UK, Ireland and The Netherlands.
John West Launches in Germany with 100 per cent Pole and Line Caught Tuna In November 2012, John West will enter the German market exclusively with Pole and Line caught Tuna, making it the only brand in the country to provide Tuna sourced by this selective catch method at a standard price.
The launch coincides with the release of John West's Can Tracker in Germany; a unique application which enables customers to trace the exact source of their fish, including the ocean and even the boat that made the catch.
Both the Pole and Line range and Can Tracker application are available in the UK, Ireland and The Netherlands reflecting John West's ambition to become the leading supplier of sustainable seafood products in Europe.
Bart de Vuijst, European Country Manager, John West said: "Consumer research showed us that three in five shoppers in Germany think that buying sustainably caught fish is important as it protects the fish in our oceans for future generations. Forty-three per cent also said that they would buy more fish if they knew that it had come from a sustainable source. We have responded to this consumer demand by bringing a new range to market."
Paul Reenan, Managing Director, John West said: "The launch of the Pole and Line range and Can Tracker application are a key part of our sustainable sourcing policy which is effective throughout Europe. These initiatives form part of a wider sustainable sourcing policy which came into effect in 2011, and will see John West move to 100 per cent Pole and Line and/ or FAD-free fishing by 2016 across all markets in which we operate. The launch of the range in Germany is an important milestone in moving towards this goal."
The Pole and Line range is 100 per cent Skipjack Tuna and comprises three varieties in Germany: Steaks, Chunks and Salads supplied in 160g cans, and will be found on the shelves of all Edeka stores across Germany. The ranges will be competitively priced in line with other leading brands.
For more information about the new range or John West's sustainability policies please visit www.john-west.de or www.john-west.co.uk
Original source: John West
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- German dairy DMK to pursue cost-cutting plans
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights