UK: John West names managing director
Canned fish supplier John West has named Stephen Thorpe as its new managing director.
Thorpe joins John West from cornflour and tortilla group Mission Foods, where he was also MD.
He replaced Ian Meadows, who moved to work on "group initiatives" for John West's parent company, MW Brands.
Thorpe, who has also been MD of Del Monte Foods International, said: "This is a hugely exciting time for the business and I look forward to continuing the development of this great brand."
US food group Del Monte Foods has indicated that it expects to generate savings of US$500,000 this year and $25m over the next 30 years through the instillation of solar panels at two Californian manu...
Del Monte Foods has seen third-quarter profits rise on the back of pricing actions and cost control initiatives....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti