UK: Joyce Quin calls for views on EU sugar reform
Joyce Quin, Agriculture Minister of State has welcomed the prospect of reform of the EU sugar regime. Speaking in London today, Ms Quin said: "The EU sugar regime is a complex system which affects many different interests. Reform of the regime is long overdue, and I welcome the chance to start bringing the arrangements more into line with market realities. "While it is good that the Commission has come forward with proposals, they are disappointingly modest, given the substantial economic distortions this regime creates. In the Brussels negotiations, UK representatives will be pressing the case for a more substantial reform." She said that in addition, the Ministry is also writing to UK interests to invite their views on the proposals, so that they can be taken into account in drawing up the UK negotiating line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund