UK: Joyce Quin calls for views on EU sugar reform
Joyce Quin, Agriculture Minister of State has welcomed the prospect of reform of the EU sugar regime. Speaking in London today, Ms Quin said: "The EU sugar regime is a complex system which affects many different interests. Reform of the regime is long overdue, and I welcome the chance to start bringing the arrangements more into line with market realities. "While it is good that the Commission has come forward with proposals, they are disappointingly modest, given the substantial economic distortions this regime creates. In the Brussels negotiations, UK representatives will be pressing the case for a more substantial reform." She said that in addition, the Ministry is also writing to UK interests to invite their views on the proposals, so that they can be taken into account in drawing up the UK negotiating line.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO