USA: JP Morgan buys Pinnacle Foods
Texas-based private equity firm Hicks Muse has agreed to sell Pinnacle Foods Corp to J P Morgan Partners, the private equity unit of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co, in a deal worth US$485m. J P Morgan, which already owned an 8% stake in Pinnacle, said it intends to use the company as a platform for future acquisitions, reported the Asian Wall Street Journal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units