US: Just Desserts launches organic line
Just Desserts, a premium desserts and sweet snacks manufacturer, is launching its first organic line of brownies.
Organic Brownie Bites and Organic Salted Caramel Brownie Bites will be available in June in stores nationwide. The company has already secured listings with Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls and Carrs.
Just Desserts said the line is made using whole grain and "premium" ingredients, with no added fillers, artificial flavours, synthetic colours or preservatives. Each bite is under 70 calories, the company added.
The new range is the company's first foray into the organic sector. It recently obtained organic certification through the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF). Just Desserts said that it will continue to invest in the organic sector.
Michael Mendes, CEO, commented: "We are proud to deliver world-class, hand-crafted desserts, baked from scratch to our customers in major markets nationwide. Our new organic line offers a delicious, portion-controlled bite format our customers can feel good about."
Alongside the new product range, Just Desserts said it is launching a new website and unveiling an updated logo.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- Australian dairy innovation "hub" targets Asia