US: Just Desserts launches organic line
Just Desserts, a premium desserts and sweet snacks manufacturer, is launching its first organic line of brownies.
Organic Brownie Bites and Organic Salted Caramel Brownie Bites will be available in June in stores nationwide. The company has already secured listings with Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls and Carrs.
Just Desserts said the line is made using whole grain and "premium" ingredients, with no added fillers, artificial flavours, synthetic colours or preservatives. Each bite is under 70 calories, the company added.
The new range is the company's first foray into the organic sector. It recently obtained organic certification through the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF). Just Desserts said that it will continue to invest in the organic sector.
Michael Mendes, CEO, commented: "We are proud to deliver world-class, hand-crafted desserts, baked from scratch to our customers in major markets nationwide. Our new organic line offers a delicious, portion-controlled bite format our customers can feel good about."
Alongside the new product range, Just Desserts said it is launching a new website and unveiling an updated logo.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Briefing: The emergence of gluten-free in Spain
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food