just-food's most-read news stories in 2012
Tesco's likely exit from the US, announced in December, was among the most-read news stories on just-food
It's the time of the year when we look back at the 12 months just past to see what was getting you clicking on just-food. The ten most-read news stories of 2012 include UK grocers signing a code of conduct on promos and Tesco announcing it would put traffic-light labels on its food in the UK. Tesco's likely exit from the US also proved popular, as did a series of M&A stories, including major deals by Hain Celestial, R&R Ice Cream and Hershey.
UK: Grocers sign up to OFT code of conduct on promos
Eight of the UK's major grocers have agreed to sign up to a set of "principles" on special offers and promotions on food and drink products.
UK: Tesco U-turn on traffic-light labels
Tesco has announced plans to add traffic-light labels to the nutritional information it puts on products.
UK/US: Hain Celestial to buy Premier Foods spreads business
Hain Celestial has today (22 August) been announced as the buyer of Premier Foods plc's spreads assets, including brands such as Hartley's jam and Sun-Pat peanut butter.
UK/US: Tesco US review "likely" to lead to exit - CEO Clarke
Tesco is "likely" to quit the US, CEO Philip Clarke admitted today (5 December), after the UK's largest retailer confirmed it is reviewing its options for its Fresh & Easy business in the country.
UK/ITALY: R&R Ice Cream scoops up Italy's Eskigel
UK-based private-label ice cream maker R&R Ice Cream has acquired Italian ice cream manufacturer Eskigel.
US/INDIA: Hershey to buy out Indian partner Godrej
Hershey today (7 September) announced a deal to take full control of its Indian venture, which has been the subject of speculation for months.
AUS: Goodman Fielder to sell Integro oils unit to GrainCorp
Australian food manufacturer Goodman Fielder has agreed to offload its Integro commercial oils business to local grain trader GrainCorp.
UK: Nestle relaunches Vice Versas
Nestle has relaunched its Vice Versas chocolate brand in the UK.
Sectors: Advertising & labelling, Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Financials, Food safety, Free-from, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, Sustainability & the environment, World foods
Sainsbury's has booked another quarter of like-for-like sales gains - bucking the downward trends in the wider UK grocery market and outperforming its peers. However, LFL growth has slowed significant...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits