Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Retailers on both sides of the channel were upbeat this week even as the businesses posted less than identical annual results. The UK's The Co-operative Group was bullish after bumper full-year profits, while German giant Metro Group insisted its plans to revitalise the business are working even as profits tumbled. The long-running debates on Kraft Foods' takeover of Cadbury and on nutrition labelling also reared their heads this week. Here is the best of who said what about the pressing issues in the food industry this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti