Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
After losing the support of the Metro Group board, CEO Dr Eckhard Cordes this week announced his plan to leave the world's third-largest retailer by next year. Elsewhere in retail, Sainsbury's made its latest move in the battle for the UK's deal-hungry consumers and the country's retailers met at the annual IGD conference. On the other side of the Atlantic, meanwhile, PepsiCo brushed off the latest questions on whether the company was considering to split in two.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group