Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
In the UK, the increasing level of couponing in retail set the industry talking this week as Tesco CEO Philip Clarke noted the step-up in this type of promotion, while industry analysts gave their views on this growing trend. Elsewhere, Smithfield Foods CEO Larry Pope insisted the group is under-valued after shares in the meat firm fell more than 7% after fourth-quarter results that failed to meet analyst expectations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Murray Goulburn accused of "misleading" the market
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth