Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
In the UK, the increasing level of couponing in retail set the industry talking this week as Tesco CEO Philip Clarke noted the step-up in this type of promotion, while industry analysts gave their views on this growing trend. Elsewhere, Smithfield Foods CEO Larry Pope insisted the group is under-valued after shares in the meat firm fell more than 7% after fourth-quarter results that failed to meet analyst expectations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development