Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann last week insisted its acquisition of Petra Foods' cocoa ingredients unit will strengthen its future with the deal making it the world's largest processor of cocoa and high-quality cocoa powder. Elsewhere, the European Commission said it would come forward with ideas for a grocery code adjudicator by next autumn if no system of self-regulation is put into place. Parmalat, meanwhile, confirmed a raid on its offices over tax investigations, and David Heath, UK minister for environment, food and rural affairs said his department was working with the UK Government to identify export priority markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action