Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann last week insisted its acquisition of Petra Foods' cocoa ingredients unit will strengthen its future with the deal making it the world's largest processor of cocoa and high-quality cocoa powder. Elsewhere, the European Commission said it would come forward with ideas for a grocery code adjudicator by next autumn if no system of self-regulation is put into place. Parmalat, meanwhile, confirmed a raid on its offices over tax investigations, and David Heath, UK minister for environment, food and rural affairs said his department was working with the UK Government to identify export priority markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues