Quote, unquote: just-food's week in words
Barry Callebaut CEO Juergen Steinemann last week insisted its acquisition of Petra Foods' cocoa ingredients unit will strengthen its future with the deal making it the world's largest processor of cocoa and high-quality cocoa powder. Elsewhere, the European Commission said it would come forward with ideas for a grocery code adjudicator by next autumn if no system of self-regulation is put into place. Parmalat, meanwhile, confirmed a raid on its offices over tax investigations, and David Heath, UK minister for environment, food and rural affairs said his department was working with the UK Government to identify export priority markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses